Job Title: Food Volunteer
Based at: Eastleigh Basics Bank
Reports To: Shop Manager
Job Purpose Summary
- To help the Shop Manager in putting away, picking and packing stock.
- Providing a welcoming and sympathetic atmosphere for clients, donors and all shop visitors.
- Assist in cleaning and housekeeping of the premises.
- Meeting Basics Bank clients with a warm and friendly welcome, offering support in a manner appropriate for a Christian organisation.
- Receiving, sorting and date checking grocery supplies for storage and distribution.
- Collecting stock from donation stations within the town e.g. at Sainsbury & Tesco.
- Using Basics Bank funds, purchase grocery supplies from town centre supermarkets.
- Picking and packing stock for issuing out to clients.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
- Treating each client’s affairs in confidence at all times.
- Where appropriate, offer signposting to clients to resources or help outside the Basics Bank (or ask the Shop Manager to do this).
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to act in a sympathetic, non-judgemental and sensitive manner with all clients, maintaining their confidentiality at all times
- Willingness to undertake all the manual aspects of the role
- Well organised and able to work as part of a team
- Compliance with the policies of Eastleigh Basics Bank